Wednesday, March 9, 2022

New Mural Paintings for The Herbivorous Butcher in NE Mpls

Four large painted mural panels in my teeny studio.

Several weeks ago I had the great pleasure of painting some big, giant "mural" panels for my friends at The Herbivorous Butcher, an amazing vegan butcher shop in NE Mpls.

I absolutely love working with them because they let me be a total weirdo- they encourage it! 
- I included a neon mystery meat sandwich
- a crabby cat
- @Brother_Butcher's dog, Potato, wielding a butcher knife
- an upsidedownface squirrel...and so on. 

A DREAM JOB!

The panels will hang in their beautiful, new office headquarters.

Scroll on if you'd like to see some photos from the mural painting process!

First up: Sketches- these are the 4 panel designs we decided to go with.

I had so many ideas- it was hard to decide which critters to include

more options

some more

We rented a BIG truck to get the panels to my studio. 
THANK YOU to my bff, Brad,  for driving and schlepping!

My normal studio set up

I moved things around to squeeze in the panels. They JUST fit!

making progress

I was feeling my age (47, soon!) crawling around on the floor but it was worth it- SO FUN.

Almost done!

I tried out colors on the drawing in Photoshop as I went along. Working out colors ahead of time helped me to avoid time consuming boo-boos.

Mystery Meat Sandwich with onions- 100% vegan!

This is my cartoon-y rendition of @Brother_Butcher's dog, Potato!




This carrot friend was my fav part.




Thanks for lookin!
Do you need a mural? A weird one or a not weird one? 
HIRE ME?! ;0)

No comments: