Friday, June 9, 2017

Hotbed Benefit Art Auction 2017

Animal Kingdom, 28x40", acrylic on paper

In February I received an email with the subject line, "Charity art event hosted by Sharon Stone"
Exciting, right?! 


(You had me at Sharon Stone.)

I made this painting especially for Saturday's annual Hotbed Gala in San Francisco. 
Their art auction, curated by The Jealous Curator, will benefit Planet Hope and their mission to provide outreach and educational resources to homeless, abused, and terminally ill children. ♥
The event will be hosted by Sharon Stone and Todrick Hall.

I actually made two paintings so they could choose one for the auction. (I am a people pleaser and a Minnesotan, after all.)
The one on the right is in my Etsy shop. ;0)

Here are some process shots of the painting from my studio. A sketch (I never make sketches?!?), some under-painting (the horse was originally going to be on wheels), and the finished painting. Not shown: when I dropped and ripped it immediately after I finished the painting. (I repaired the tear and nobody will ever notice! SHHHH!)

No comments: