Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Photos from "Homeroom" Opening Reception

Here are some photos from the opening reception of
  Homeroom: 20 Artists Re-Interpret Works From Their Childhood
at Subtext Gallery in San Diego, CA.

my little brown paper bag dog from outside the window

my painting, "happy heart",  from outside

You can get a better look at the works I contributed to the show on my preview post here and view the ENTIRE show along with all of the childhood artwork here.


walking by the gallery the day before, didn't want to peek before the opening


More photos from my whirlwind trip from MPLS to CA after the jump!


got in some serious cuddle time with my dear friend's brand new baby, Luca

my BFF, Brad (AKA Walker Fields), performed at Villain's Tavern in L.A.

binged on nummy Thai food at Mint in the Gaslamp District- San Diego

Brad at Shelter Hotel in Koreatown, L.A.


half indoor/half outdoor bar at Underbelly- San Diego

endless fun passing the camera back and forth- indoor/outdoor- between bathroom peephole at Underbelly

see?

loved this Jay Howell poolpartypainting at Double Break gallery in San Diego
(and the other one too- but couldn't find artist's name!)



Brad performed at a Beach Boys tribute show on a mountain as part of the Natural Stage Project! Rad!

kept on eatin' on- at Craft & Commerce- San Diego

watched our friend Minor Kingdom perform at R Bar in Koreatown, L.A.

excellent Os Gemeos mural in San Diego

...and so on...what a fun trip! OK- I think I'm ready for another MN winter now.

Nudge is happy i am home ;0)


2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh - this looks like an amazing show! I love good themes. I think I might even have to go digging in some of my childhood artworks when I'm home for the holidays...just for fun.

Thank you for sharing. I've been super inspired by your work for so long!

I mentioned the show and your work here: http://uglyyellow.blogspot.com/2011/11/inspired.html (...just in case you wanted to peek)

♥ Tiffany Patterson

Jennifer Davis Art said...

Thank you so much, Tiffany!!!