Paper Darts at the Minneapolis Institute of Arts for their monthly Third Thursday series. Can you believe it?!
"You will drink.
You will choose your own adventure.
You will party hard. You will play exquisite corpse.
You will write.
You will dance to tunes.
You will go home and write about this night in your diary."
Ever heard of Exquisite Corpse game?
"Exquisite corpse, (from the original French term cadavre exquis) or rotating corpse, is a method by which a collection of words or images is collectively assembled. Each collaborator adds to a composition in sequence, either by following a rule (e.g. "The adjective noun adverb verb the adjective noun") or by being allowed to see the end of what the previous person contributed."
I'll be hosting a fun version of this game and inviting guests to participate by helping me to complete a big giant drawing.
(Hint: it involves "coloring.")
C'mon down to the MIA on Thurs, Jan 17th from 7-9 pm.
Bring your kids? Fun for the whole family, me thinks!
WAIT! That's not all!
As part of this exclusive "Third Thursday: Art and Lit with Paper Darts" you'll also get:
· “Choose Your Own Adventure" through the galleries with stories written by local writers Ed Bok Lee, John Jodzio, Maggie Ryan Sandford, and Katie Heaney.
· Guests can engage in “Exquisite Corpse” with local artist Jennifer Davis who has turned this surrealist pastime in a participatory mural. (This is the thing I already told you about.)
· Local artists Allen Brewer will be transcribing visitor’s descriptions of art into visuals (the results will be featured in an upcoming MAEP exhibition).
· Theater of Public Policy will provide improvisational story-telling as guests ride in the museum’s historic elevator.
· Hip-hop wordsmiths Kill the Vultures enrich the setting with live music.
Maggie Ryan Sanford's sketch for her "Chose Your Own Adventure" adventure. Daaaang!
Hope to see you there!